Sunday, February 24, 2013

Seize The Birthday #7 - Happy Birthday


  Here is my card for Seize The Birthday #7 challenge, which is a sketch challenge and it has to be feminine.  I made the card for a good friend of mine that is having a birthday this week. I hope she likes it.  The size is 5-1/4" square.

I used SU Very Vanilla and Pumpkin Pie CS for my card and the flower is made from SU Peach Parfait CS.  I punch 3 circles from SU punches, 2-3/8, 1-34, and 1-1/4 scalloped circles.  I curled the edges over my bone folder several times on each side and separated the layers for that faux suede look.  I scrunched each layer up, opended them and then joined them with a yellow brad. I sprayed them with water and dried them with my heat gun, shaping them some while drying them.  The leaves are cut from SU Garden Green CS with the SU Little Leaves Sizzlet, which matches the leaves in the DSP.  The sentiment is from SU Fancy Happy Birthday stamped in Chocolate Chip ink and mounted on a Spellbinders Decorative Labels Eight diecut.  The DSP is from Basic Gray's Fiction 6x6 pad.

Thanks for stopping by.  Comments are greatly appreciated.

7 comments:

  1. so pretty and i love the beautiful bloom :) So glad you joined us on Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoAnn, LOVE that GORGEOUS bloom paired with those pretty papers! FAB card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this is so pretty. Your flower is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card! That flower is just wonderful!! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Beautiful card I am sure she will love it.

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  6. really love your flower... gorgeous

    Thanks for joining us at Seize The Birthday this week
    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flower is beautiful JoAnn, love the warm colours you used. So glad you joined us on Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.