Friday, March 8, 2013

The Paper Players - Happy Birthday

 
 
 I am playing along with the Paper Players challenge this week which is a theme challenge "In Stitches".  I made a birthday card for a friend and sewed around the two yellow panels.  The DSP is from MME Moments 6x6 pad.  The cardstock is SU Whisper White and Basic Gray.  I used Spellbinders Rectangle and Scalloped Rectangle for the sentiment panel.  The sentiment is from MFT Western Sentiments, which was the Triple Scoop free set in February, but is available for purchase at the release on Monday, March 11th at 10:00 PM.  I used MFT Leaf-Filled Flourish die cut from SU Certainly Celery for the leaves under the flower.  I cut sections and then placed them under the flower.  The flower is made with Spellbinders Rose Creations die and inked the edges of the petals and shaped each one to give it some texture and dimension.  The yellow organdy ribbon is from JoAnn's.

Thanks for dropping by my blog.  Comments are greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. JoAnn, This is a frame-able card! So beautiful. That flower is beautiful, but the stitching really adds something wonderful here. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, JoAnn! I love the paper you selected. You goes so well with the flower. The gorgeous bow is the perfect embellishment! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that flower embellishment is gorgeous! Someone is going to be lucky to receive this for her birthday! Thanks for playing along with my challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.