Sunday, August 11, 2013

MOJO Monday 305

 
 
I finally got to do a card for the Mojo Monday 305 sketch challenge.  I used some new Verve stamps & dies:  Teachers Count and Apples Die set.   My card base and the mats are Canvas Corp. Heavy White CS.  The DSP is from DCWV  "Edumacation" 12x12 pad.  I thought the apples from the Teachers Count set matched the apples in the paper.  The bottom gray CS is embossed with a Cuttlebug Numbers EF and I swiped SU Whisper White craft ink over the raised numbers, and it looks like a chalkboard effect.  Unfortunately most of it got covered up by the other papers.  The sentiment was stamped in Mememto Tuxedo Black ink and cut out with a Spellbinders Large Scallop Oval die.  I sponged SU Going Gray ink on the edges while it was still in the die.  I trimmed just a litte around the edges and used the same die to make my red mat.  I colored the heart and the apples with Promarkers.  The sentiment and top apple are mounted with foam tape. I am also entering my card in the Crazy4Challenges C4C198 challenge to created a card/project with a back to school theme and the A.R.T. #9 Challenge for a "school" theme.
ETA:  I just found Mema's Crafts August Challenge - Anything goes with theme of Back to School or Best Vacation, so I am entering my card in her challenge also. 
 
Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate your comments.
 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

 

4 comments:

  1. You're right! That white ink over the embossed letters does look give it a chalkboard effect, very cool! Thanks for playing along with us for the A.R.T. "School" Challenge, and we hope you'll join us again Thursday for a *new* challenge too! ~Cheryl, Senior DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great! Thanks for joining us for this week's A.R.T. challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome JoAnn! Love the embossed background and the apples are PERFECT! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at A.R.T. and joining our SCHOOL CHALLENGE this week! Hope you'll join us again next week!
    Darlene
    A.R.T. DT
    DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely back to school card. As always we at Mema's Crafts appreciate you stopping by and joining in our challenge. Good luck in the draw and we hope you will visit often.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.