Friday, August 23, 2013

Season's Greetings

 
ETA:  My card was a Favorite Find at My Favorite Things
 
I made my card following the Merry Monday #71 sketch challenge.  I used the cute PI-Holiday Hugs Snowman from My Favorite Things and the sentiment is from MFT Seasonal Sentiments.  I stamped the snowman in Mememto Tuxedo Black ink on the snowflake DSP by The Paper Studio (so I wouldn't have to cut out his tiny arms) and again on X-Press It Blending Card.  I colored him with Promarkers and cut him out - minus the arms - and glued him over the DSP stamped image.  I tore the snowbanks and inked the edges with SU Bashful Blue ink.  I strung the buttons from my stash on Linen thread and adhered them across the edge of the DSP after I stamped the sentiment in Mememto Tuxedo Black ink.  That's it for my card.
 
I am entering my card in the following challenges:
 
Always Playing With Paper - Merry Monday #71 sketch challenge
Festive Friday - Theme Challenge - A Holiday Project with a Children's theme
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - Anything Goes
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. I love this snowman, JoAnn! I love how he sits on the DP and the sweet buttons in a row above him! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those buttons with the snow BG! The hearts are especially delightful, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's adorable with the snowflake background and the button border!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really adorable! LOVE the row of buttons at the top. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super adorable! Love the buttons, JoAnn! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you interpreted the sketch JoAnn, love your gorgeous snowman, DSP and that lovely row of buttons. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute snowman image and just LOVE the row of buttons above it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card - love the snowman and the buttons - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge extra for August – hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sweet - love the cool-blue colour scheme, the buttons and his rosy cheeks! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww...he's just too sweet! And I love your design with the little row of buttons! Adorable card...thanks so much for joining us with it at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, the buttons are my favourite, especially the heart ones! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous! Love all the blue and the row of buttons.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.