Saturday, January 4, 2014

Dynamic Duos #85 - You Are In My Thoughts and Prayers



Happy Satruday everyone.  It is "Bold & Cheery" week at Dynamic Duos with the colors Summer Starfuit and Garden Green.  You can find all the details over at the Dynamic Duos blog.
Unfortunately, I needed a card for my Sister-in-Law whose mother passed away on Christmas day.  She was 89 and had been in ill health for some time.  Even though it is expected, it still leaves a void in your heart and I wanted to let her know I was thinking of her and keeping her in my prayers.
I used MFT Smooth White CS, SU Basic Black and Garden Green CS, and Summer Starfruit DSP.  The gingham check is stamped with MFT Textile Backgrounds in Garden Green ink. I cut the banner with MFT Fishtail Flags Layers Stax and embossed it with SU Snowburst EF.  The sentiment and flower are from Verve's Wonderfully Made stamped on DSP twice and fussy cut. I sponged the edges of the flowers and leaves and added a dimensional between the flower layers, added a pearl to the center and adhered it with dimensionals. I also used Summer Starfruit dotted ribbon.
My card is based on the Mojo Monday #326 sketch.  I used the flower for the two elements on the banner.
 
Now hop on over to the Dynamic Duos blog and see what my fellow teammates have created for your inspiration.  I hope you can find time to play along.
 
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

8 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job with those colors...what a beautiful sympathy card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cherry and a breath of fresh air! And...I would love to get together soon! TFS with us. Love the patterns and details added with embossing and the zig zag border!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and will surely put a smile on your SIL's face, despite the sad occasion. Thanks for the head's up about the Verve GC! I'm thinking that beautiful sentiment stamp you used would be a good investment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoAnn, this card is stunning in every detail. Love your paper selection and what a nice sentiment! Sad to have to make those kind of cards, but what a blessing to receive something that was made with your hands and the time it took!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sentiment & you used the sketch perfectly! Sympathy cards are hard to make--don't want to be over done & yet keep them beautiful & you accomplished that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.