Thursday, January 16, 2014

HB2U for Seize the Birthday

Good morning everyone.  It is time for another challenge at Seize the Birthday

This time the "Toppings" option is to add "Coloring" to your birthday project. Remember it is just an option and if you prefer not to color, then just make a birthday project. Click the link above and check out all the inspiration by my fellow Design Team members and join in the fun. Here is my card and I chose the coloring option.
I love coloring these sweet PI images from My Favorite Things.  This one is called It's A Sign.  I stamped her on X-Press It Blending Card and colored her with Copics and Promarkers, then cut her out with Spellbinders Label Fourteen die.  I sponged Crumb Cake ink around the edges while still in the die.  The sentiment was stamped with Whisper White Craft ink and embossed with white embossing powder. I paper-pieced the frame around the chalkboard with SU Crumb Cake CS stamped with the Woodgrain background stamp, but it doesn't show up very well in the photo as the frame is so small. I fussy cut the black mat around the image.  The heart button is made with 3 layers of MFT Bubblegum CS using the new MFT Staggered Heart Border die. I punched the two holes and added a bow of white Baker's Twine.  I used MFT Fishtail Flags Stax and Fishtail Flags Layers Stax for the banner.  The paper is from Echo Park Yours Truly pad.  The black mats are MFT Black Licorice CS and the card base is MFT Smooth White CS.
I used the pink, black and white color combo for MFT's new Color Palette Challenge 1
color-palette-banner-animat
And the sketch is from Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challeng 202.  I turned the sketch sideways.
Don't forget to join in the party and link up your birthday creations at
 
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn
 


8 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet card, this image is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how SWEET is she! FAB coloring and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet image and beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoAnn, once again you have colored a beautiful card...I love that sign she is holding...I need a stamp like that! HB2U...super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi JoAnn,

    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww - shes SO sweet. Your card is sure to be a STAR to some little girl!

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, JoAnn...your coloring is fantastic! What a sweet card. I'm so glad to be creating with this wonderful team at STB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I could color like you...I would do it every day! Well done as always JoAnn! Super card this time!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is Adorable! You are such a good colored!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.