Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Holidays for Merry Monday #95 & DS137

The Merry Monday Challenge this week is to use an animal on your Christmas card and the Deconstructed Sketch #137 has lots of layers, which I like. :)
 
DS137 by the Deconstructed Sketch
The white photographed a little wonky and I took several photos trying to get it right, but this is the best I could do.  I paper-pieced the cute penguin from Cottage Cutz Jolly Penguin die (I love it!). I added a little gray shading around the white parts.  He is mounted with foam dimensionals on circles cut with MFT Circle Stax 1 and 2.  The sentiment is from a retired SU set called Riveting, stamped in SU Garden Green ink. I used 1-1/4" and 1-3/8" circle punches for the sentiment pieces.  I hand-cut the small banners.  All the DSP is from Pebbles Welcome Christmas 6x6 pad. The mats are SU Basic Black and the card base is MFT Smooth White CS.
 
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

13 comments:

  1. Adorable Christmas card, JoAnn! Love the papers and sweet penguin! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Deconstructed Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Christmas card, JoAnn! Love that sweet penguin and papers. Thank you so much for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card...Your Penquin is adorable and great use of the dp papers....

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! This is SO STINKIN CUTE JoAnn! I'm in LOVE with that penguin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card, I love these papers and the adorable penguin. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. JoAnne, that penguin is such a cutie! I also love your layers of paper so nicely framed in black...love that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous holiday card JoAnn, love the DSP and the Penguin image. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card JoAnn. The penguin almost looks real! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh, this is so cute, JoAnn! Love your sweet little penguin and pretty papers! So fun & festive! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your penguin is SO cute and I love how all your papers coordinate! Really adorable card! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This penguin is the cutest ever! Love all the paper you used! So festive! Thanks, JoAnn for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness what a cute little penguin. I LOVE, love, love your mix of holiday papers - so festive and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.