Thursday, February 27, 2014

Seize The Birthday

It is Thursday and you know what that means, it is time for another Seize the Birthday challenge.  There is no "toppings" option this week, so just make your "Anything Goes" birthday project and link it up. Can't wait to see what you create.

 

For my card base and sentiment panel I used SU Naturals White CS.  All the mats are SU Soft Suede and the DSP is Spice Cake (retired).  I used Verve's Starry Die  and SU Small Star Punch (retired) to cut the stars from Soft Suede and Baha Breeze CS, and layer them.  The sentiment is SU Beautiful Birthday stamped in Soft Suede ink cut with a Spellbinder's Classic Oval and layered with a Scallop Oval. I sponged some Crumb Cake ink around the edges while it was still in the die. These are adhered with foam dimensionals. The largest star is also adhered with a dimensional.
 
My card is based on Jen's Deconstructed Sketch #137
DS137 by the Deconstructed Sketch
 
My fellow Design Team members have created some wonderful cards that will surely inspire you. Check them out here and you can also find out how to play along if you haven't joined us before.  The challenge will close on Tuesday, March 11th at 12:00 PST.  I hope you can join in the party.
 
Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, JoAnn! Love the stars and mix of papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO pretty! LOVE all of your layers and the gorgeous papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your banners, your papers, and your colors, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, JoAnn! I love the color combo, and the lovely patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mix of patterns and I love how you used the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.