Thursday, February 13, 2014

Wish Big

Happy Thursday blogging friends.  It is time for a new Seize the Birthday challenge and this week we have a "Toppings" option to include hearts on your birthday project.  Remember it is only an option, you can always skip the option and just make a regular birthday project. I hope you can join us for this challenge.  Looking forward to seeing your creations.
Here's my card:
For my card I used the sketch from our sister challenge Seize the Sketch #13, but rotated it to fit my image.
See the panel my image is mounted on, well I tried a new technique for the current JUGS #227 challenge - inked die-cuts.
There is a video for this technique - Inked Die Cuts by Becca at Amazing Paper Grace. Follow the link for her tutorial.  I used Spellbinders Label 8 die and VersaMagic Pixie Dust Chalk Ink (which matches the Pink Pirouette CS I used).  This was my first time trying this technique and I really like how it turned out.  There are a few very tiny spots that didn't quite get ink, but they aren't that noticeable. 
I found these glittered dimensional heart stickers by Momenta on a recent shopping trip and thought they would be perfect for the Seize the Birthday "Toppings" option.  I added them to the balloons and also in the bottom right corner of the die-cut panel.  The paper for the die-cut panel is from MME Follow Your Heart-Be Amazing. The other DSP is from MME Love Me pad.  The card base is MFT Smooth White CS and the mats are SU Pink Piroutte CS.  The little scallop circle is from MFT Blueprints 6 die-namics.  The scallop borders were made with the SU Scallop Border punch.
The sweet image is MFT ala Modes Big Birthday Wishes.  I stamped her on X-Press It Blending Card and colored her with Copics, then fussy cut her out.  She is mounted with foam dimensionals.  The balloons are paper-pieced with DSP.
 
Now hop on over to the Seize the Birthday blog and see what wonderful creations my fellow Design Team members have created to inspire you.
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn
 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. aww JoAnn, LOVE the sweet girl on your lovely card and your coloring is just fab! Thank you so much for your visiting my blog and your lovely comment :-)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go JoAnn....incorporating all the challenges! Love your card and the technique was fun wasn't it! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls and for being a great DT member over at STB! HUGS! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy, it was fun combining all 3 challenges and I loved the technique for JUGS.

      Delete
  3. JoAnn, you nailed the inked die cuts challenge! The technique is quite messy, but yields such great results. That image is so cute and colored to perfection. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoAnn, you nailed the inked die cuts challenge! You got beautiful results with the pink edge. Nice job on combining those challenges. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your inked die cut with graph paper! You nailed it! LOVE the cute girl and the balloons! Wonderful card, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coloring, JoAnn! Love the pattern papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything about this card, especially that cute image and the way you rotated the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous colour combo, great colouring on the image and i love that you incorporated the hearts on the balloons. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very cute! I love that girly image. Thanks so much for coming to play with us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, great coloring on that cute girl image! Very sweet card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colors and your striped background paper. Sweet image beautifully colored too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! Love the colors and sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! I love everything about this darling card! Wonderful use of the sketch & perfect coloring! I'm going to check the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so fun JoAnn! Love the layout and the heart balloons are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.