Saturday, March 15, 2014

Dynamic Duos #94

Hello my friends.  It is Saturday and time for a new challenge at the Dynamic Duos.  It is "Black Tie" week and the colors are Black & More Mustard.  There is also a "dessert option" of dry embossing.

 
Here is a photo showing the card open.

 
I wasn't going to get this Scallop Tag Topper Punch from SU, but after seeing so many pretty cards made with it, I had to have it just so I could make this style card. I am sure you have seen some of these cards around blogland. Here is a link on You Tube if you would like to try one. 
 
This is my first one and I really like how it turned out.  I also used my new SU Peaceful Petals stamp set.  I stamped the image in Mememto Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with my Blending Pens with More Mustard ink for the flowers, and Crumb Cake ink for the stem & leaves.  I originally stamped the image on More Mustard DSP and fussy cut the flowers with the intention of layering them on with dimensionals.  I colored them so the white wouldn't show under the DSP flowers, but after I colored them I liked them better.  I added SU pearls to the centers of the flowers and mounted the panel with dimensionals.  The b/w DSP is from MME Meadow Lark 6x6 pad.  I also added a strip of the DSP on the inside panel.  The sentiment is from Verve's Wonderfully Made set.  My card is tied with SU Black Satin ribbon. 
 
This card will be going to a dear friend who recently lost her husband and 2 weeks later lost her sister.  I had already sent her a card, but I wanted her to know that she is still in my prayers.
  
Now hop on over to the Dynamic Duos blog and check out all the fabulous creations by my fellow Design Team members. I hope you will join us in the challenge.
 
 
DesignTeam Badgebig
 
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn
 


8 comments:

  1. Love the stylish closure of your card, JoAnn. Despite the intensity of this colour combo, you've made a very pretty and serene card by keeping the mustard to the borders and blossoms. Thanks for the shout-out re: the Leibster blog! Your post arrived while I was away, and I'm still playing catch-up. I will follow up on it this week. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I just love the closure. I know your friend will treasure it. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome is this, Miss JoAnn! Love it. Thanks for sharing your process and the link. Great display of the colors this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this style card, and am still waiting to receive my Scallop Tag punch that is on back order. UG! Your card turned out beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card using the Scallop Tag Punch closure!! Love the flowers, the DSP layers as well as the satin ribbon closure and sentiment! I am sure that your friend will be so thankful to know that you are still praying for her :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you made one of these cards JoAnn!!! I had no idea that I could stick an entire piece of card stock in the punch!!! .... Feel so stupid and excited at the same time! Thanks for linking up the video! Your card is stunning the colors are great! Feel so bad for your friend .... She will love your card! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS! Love the colors and the fancy tie! Pretty paper, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.