Thursday, March 27, 2014

Seize the Birthday

Happy Thursday my friends.  I hope you all are doing well.  It is time for another challenge at Seize the Birthday.  This week we have a "Toppings" option of adding rhinestones or buttons.  Remember it is just an option, if you prefer you can just make our usual "Anything Goes" birthday project.
 

 
Here is my card.  I added a button to the center of my flower.
 
 My card base is SU Pool Party and the mats are SU Early Espresso.  The DSP is from SU Sweet Sorbet pack. The sentiment from Verve's Chevron Love is stamped in SU Soft Suede ink.  I did some paper-piercing around the edges.  The flower from Verve's Lean On Me is stamped twice with Soft Suede ink on Crisp Canteloupe CS. I cut the center flower from the 2nd one and layered with a dimensional, then added my button with the twine bow.
 
I used the sketch from Viva la Verve March Week 3.
 
I am also entering my card in the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - to use buttons.
Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog
 
I hope you will check out all the great samples by the Design Team over at the Seize the Birthday blog and play along with us.  Can't wait to see all your lovely creations.
 
Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful day.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn
 

5 comments:

  1. Love those soft patterned papers with the Verve sketch, JoAnn. The chocolate matting makes it all so crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card JoAnn! Love these colors.
    Prayers and Hugs,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sketch. The button is just the right topper for the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to pop in and say that I really love your card. And also that you are in my thoughts every day xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.