Saturday, August 2, 2014

Merry Monday and MFTWSC187

Happy Saturday my friends.  I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.  I combined two challenges for my card today - Merry Monday Christmas Challenge and MFTWSC187

MFTWSC187

As you can see it is not a Christmas card and that is because Merry Monday is having a special birthday tribute to one of their design team members. a sweet lady, LeAnne.
I stamped the cute MFT PI It's A Sign image on X-Press It Blending Card and colored her with Copics and Promarkers.  I paper-pierced the chalkboard border with some woodgrain paper from my stash and embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder.  I also added two balloons, SU Riding Hood Red and Certainly Celery CS, (I hand drew the strings) and a present, both from MFT's Sweet Birthday Wishes set paper pieced with DSP.  I sponged the edges with ink and mounted the red balloon and present with foam dimensionals.  The DSP is from Pepples Front Porch 6x6 pad.  The card base and MFT Simply Scallop Medium die-cut is from MFT Smooth White CS. The mats are SU Basic Black.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn


6 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet little girl and I admire your talent at coloring the skin tones! How delightful! So glad you could join in the birthday party for LeAnne! Hope you're enjoying the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, JoAnn....this is as cute as can be! Love your coloring...she is just precious! Thanks for sharing this and helping me celebrate my big day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just darling, JoAnn! What a great use of that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS card, JoAnn! Love the happy colors you used and that little girl is so darling - great work! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great paper and fabulous colouring. Love the scalloped edge down the side too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.