Thursday, December 18, 2014

Seize the Birthday - Silver and Gold

Happy Thursday friends.  I am trying to get a regular posting mode again.  I saw the orthopedist and he said my arm was healing and I only needed to wear the sling if I felt I needed it.  Also, I have to start physical therapy now and go back to the doctor in 3 weeks.  I am thankful to be out of that sling. :)
Now that that is out of the way, it is time for a new Seize the Birthday challenge and this time we have the "toppings" option of using silver and gold.  Here is my card using the "toppings" option.

My card base is MFT Smooth White.  The black panel was die-cut with a die from MFT Blueprints 1.  The gold stripe vellum is from SU.  I die-cut the sentiment from Brushed Silver CS using Happy Birthday #3 Sizzix die.  The balloon from SU Crazy for Cupcakes (retired) was stamped and embossed in silver embossing powder and then stamped and embossed in gold.  I then stamped the balloon on Brushed Silver and Brushed Gold, fussy cut them out and adhered them over the embossed outline.

Now you need to check out all the fabulous creations by my teammates over  at Seize the Birthday.  I hope you will be inspired to play along with us.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

4 comments:

  1. This is such an elegant birthday card, JoAnn! Love those balloons and how the silver and gold stands out against the black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this color combination. I just saw you were from Central Florida. Me too! What part? I am in Ocala.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, the silver and gold are such an elegant combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen your DT card and want to visiting your blog...I love your idea with balloon in gold and silver and I love that gold stripes paper..what an elegant DP you have and cute bday card you made...I love it...

    it was a difficult challenge for me with gold and silver to combine together.....if you have 2-3 minutes time to see my silver n gold card as participant I would be so glad to have your comment too..hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.